Friday, October 26, 2007

Why I love my site- a 1st week perspective

1. The walk from my apartment to work.

I walk through the center of town every day, past parks, students, vegetable and flower stands and great window shopping. Plus, I get exercise without even trying and arrive to work in a great mood.



2. My view from my apartment. Good morning Romania!


3. I found a place where I can drink a Guiness.

Mind you, it is not on tap, nor even in the prefereable can packaging and costs 4 leva per American sized bottle. To add context for my American readers, Bulgarian beer comes in a half litre bottle and costs about 1.5 leva. For just one, only once in a blue moon, it is worth every last stotinki.


4. Science Nerds RULE

I almost feel guilty for how cool my PC assignment is. We should have hardships, difficult work circumstances and an assignment that might not be fun, but will make the world a better place, right? So far, my work has consisted of getting up to speed on local conservation issues, asking science questions, the occasional bird watching break and reading scientific literature, without having to annotate it! Yes, I realize that I am a superdork for proclaiming this, but this RULES.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Science nerds do rule. I can't say I am one yet, but I have been trying to teach 8th and 9th grade general science, and high school chemistry. My old brain is doing a work out with all this and I get pretty excited when I figure things out. Anyways, I'm glad your mom told me about your site.
-Karen Pinkham