Monday, October 29, 2007

More old-ish photos...

So, these are all old-ish photos, as my batteries in my digital camera are currently dead. I promise, I will buy new ones soon and post tons of photos of Svishtov! Captions are below each one.


One of my bird boys catching a lizard during my site visit in September.



This photo and the two following show one of the top reasons why you need to come to Bulgaria, the Seven Rila Lakes.



Thomas contemplating the majesty of nature.




Rajun and I being goofy. Can't you almost feel the love emmanating from this one?



Nazi artifacts for sale at the trinket bazar in central Sofia. N.B. vintage Leica's with the Nazi seals on them and the luftwaffe helmets under the table.



Me with Max, one of my technical trainers during PST and my illustrious predecessor in Svishtov, about five minutes after I found out I was going to be his replacement. Don't we look like we could be related?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you actually managed to post today without a single woohoo for the Sox?? Is there a fever in your brain? Has word been travelling slowly???? I'm a bit concerned...

love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful country. I'll have to find a way to get there.

D-O

Gilbert said...

Hey
Great to see your enjoying the PC experience, looks like loads of fun. I'll come in visit in the month of may if thats ok with you!
Keep on posting pictures of the beautiful lakes and mountains. We've got some mountains here but no lakes unfortunately.