Monday, October 22, 2007

By popular demand...PHOTOS!

Rajun and I dancing horo at a sabor (town holiday) near our training site. Unknown Bulgarian woman between us. I chose this photo because in all the other photos from that day, I look totally befuddled by the dancing, in contrast to Rajun who looks ready to join a traditional dance troupe.


An awesomely huge meadow with mysterious fog coming down from the Seven Rila Lakes. Notice the people about to disappear!


Some members of my host family and I at Rila Monastary. Eli (mother), Vasco (father) and Maria ( their 11 year old daughter, aka, Mime)



My kitchen in Svishtov! I've already cooked spaghetti and meatballs and potato leek soup in it so far.

Our students who designed signs for the ecopath, with their signs getting ready to hike on a drizzly Saturday.



My training site mates and I on our visit to Sofia during the second to last week of PST. From left to right: Me, Thomas, Rajun and Chase with the umbrella.




5 comments:

Thomas said...

yeah Bethi! Sweet pictures, hope to see more of Svishtov. I hope it's not too cold there. I'm worried that Rajun is freezing in Grohotno.

Anonymous said...

Great to see pic's especially of your host fam. Hope you are enjoying Svishtov. Your apt looks neat.


D- O

Unknown said...

hey beth, this is paul, sorry i haven't been on here in a while, but wanted to update you that we just won game 1 of the world series!!! i'll email you when i have a minute.

RAJUN :) said...

Hey, don't you guys worry about me, I can't leave the house without maika 3 bundling me up in scarves. Miss you guys, Bethy, this looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is so cute. I know you enjoy it. Now you need your apron!
M.