Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yes, blogosphere, I am alive

I am in Bulgaria and have been with my host family for about one week. I am still only speaking baby Bulgarian. My host family repeats things a lot for me, and I have rediscovered my talent for pantomiming, so everyone is understood eventually.

So, I have other previously type blog entries on my computer. Unfortunately, I am having some technical difficulties with my flash drive. I have heard that sometimes BG computers fry them, which is what I suspect has happened to mine. I will try to get a new one in order to post my old entries and PICTURES of course. I am taking them, just having trouble posting them.

I think the new highlight of my life (aside from living in a foreign country, learning a new language and getting to know one of the kindest families on earth) is milking the two family goats. I have only done it twice so far, so I am still slow at it. I am learning though! My host family finds the sight of a city slicker American gal studiously milking (albeit with some aim issues) extremely entertaining, and I am happy to oblige them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello hello, i found it, i'm still laughing at the imager of you milking the goat, for the love of all things holy please post pics of that! anyway, glad you have good hosts, can't wait to hear more about it, congrats on being outside the states for a while. enjoy, and i'll be in touch,

-pck

Lisa Snow said...

I'm glad to hear you made it to Bulgaria safely. I was getting bored waiting for the update and almost had to start my own blog about sticklebacks and armadillo babies (did you know they are always identical quadruplets?)