Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Recent History

I will keep this brief. Blogging is new to me; I'm not naturally inclined towards journaling or publishing overly personal details of my life on the internet particularly. Do people read this stuff? I suppose I'll find out.

Onwards! Towards summarizing my activities of the past year. I graduated from my masters program in environmental education at the University of Wyoming/ the Teton Science School last year. I moved to Steamboat Springs, CO where I worked as a paraprofessional at the Middle School. I ended up taking a job as a math teacher as an emergency hire at Steamboat Springs High School in November of 2006. It was a very educational experience to be a first year teacher in a subject that was not my major (my major was geology)! It was exhausting, but a great learning opportunity!

Luckily, teachers get summmer vacation (a teacher friend listed the top three benefits of a teaching career as: June, July and August). I have been visiting my family in Massachusetts for the past month or so, with some side trips (see photo: a hike in New Hampshire with my father). Currently, I am pretty consumed with packing, running errands, eating as much New England seafood as I can (grilled vegetables, then pasta with mussels last night!), saying goodbyes to family and friends and organizing a formidable ammmount of paperwork.

4 comments:

Dr. Schluss said...

Yowdy,
Long time, no chat. Have a groovy time in Bulgaria. What will you be doing out there with the Peace Corps? I'm still in my corner of Japan myself (although a different corner than you visited) with no signs of leaving soon.

-Matt

Anonymous said...

bephy! yeah. love the pix. and look so internet savvy you are! :0) and you have like 36 views already.
heart,
-k

thelittletons said...

Hey Beth-
Sounds like things are going well for you- I recognize the kind of hut you're in front of in that pic with your dad- there is no place like the White Mountains eh? A friend of mine just canoed the Allagash with her dad- that would be cool to do again too. Anyway- John and I (and Sam) are blogging too- littletons.blogspot.com. It will be great to track your years in Bulgaria this way. Caitlin

MIRV said...

Yes, people really do read this stuff. That's the joy of the 'Next Blog' button, you never know hat you'll come across.
Peace Corps in Bulgaria, now there's an adventure!